Neccessary Tools and Drivers
- Blackberry usb drivers
- BLACKBERRY firmware download link:
Installing Necessary Drivers and Tools
- Install Blackberry USB drivers
- Install BBSAK tool
Downloading Necessary Firmware
1. Before download necessary firmware we need to check our BLACKBERRY model id first. That can be done as follow.
- on phone label under battery
- in the phone menu - Settings - Device - About Device Version
- with IMEI number on IMEI.info
2. Go to BLACKBERRY
firmware download web page and select correct model.
3. Remember that firmware file you will choose to download should include "Multilanguage
" or "AllLang
" in its name.
This kind of firmware includes all languages packages.
Doesn't matter what operator or brandings you have it won't change as it's located in a different place in the phone then firmware.
4. Install downloaded Blackberry firmware.
5. Go into installed firmware directory. Usually, it is in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
From that folder delete "Vendor.xml" file.
6. Restart the computer to refresh software database to be able to see newly installed BLACKBERRY firmware.
1. Turn on BBSAK tool
. It will ask to enter your Blackberry password,
if your Blackberry
does not have one just press OK
2. Connect BLACKBERRY 5820 to USB cable wait for drivers installation ends then press Connect button.
3. Press wipe button to delete old firmware from the phone.
4. Now you should see Error 507 on your phone screen, which is OK and you can go now to the next step.
5.Close BBSAK tool
and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
6. Find and start Loader.exe then press next button until you will be asked if you want to keep the old application in the phone, select that you want to install everything from new firmware as shown below, and press next button.
7. Now choose your language and application, when all is selected press next button, then press finish button to start installing new firmware on the phone.
8. Just wait for a process to ends and phone now turn on with Blackberry logo.
9. Disconnect phone from USB cable and close loader application.
First phone start will take about 20-30 minutes so be patient. On the end, you will see the welcome screen with language selection.
That's all. Congratulations. Your BLACKBERRY 5820 has been flashed is flashed correctly.