This guide will show you everything you have to do to set up a static IP address for your PlayStation4 using your LINKSYS EA7500v1
How to set up static IP for PS4 on LINKSYS EA7500v1
There are a few things you have to take note of to complete the following steps:
- Your PS4's MAC address,
- Your PS4's current IP address,
- Your router's DHCP range,
Setting up static IP for PS4
- Start by opening your router's control panel.
- Find your DHCP Server settings,
- Now, simply enter your PS4's MAC address and the IP address you want to assign to it. (Make sure that this address is within your router's DHCP range),
- Good job! You've just created a static IP binding for your PS4 using your LINKSYS EA7500v1,
Setting up static IP on PS4
- First of all, turn on your PS4.
- Then go to Settings.
- Proceed to Set up internet connection.
- Now, choose WiFi or LAN (depends on the type of connection your PS4 uses),
- Pick Custom > Manual
- Enter all of the information from the View Connection Status menu and a static IP address
- Good job! You've set a static IP address on your PS4!