Nowadays your Interner Service Provider can deliver Broadband Internet Connection with 1 Gigabit of speed. To fully utilize that speed you need to ensure that you have 1 Gbit Ethernet connection. Learn how to adjust Ethernet connection to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.
How to set up 1 GBit/s speed on Windows:
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, you will find a Display with a Cable icon. Click on it.
- Next, click on Network & Internet settings.
- Select Ethernet from the menu on the left side and then Change adapter options on the right.
- Click on the Ethernet card.
- There you can check the actual connection speed.
- If it is below 1.0 Gbps select Properties.
- Check if the Client network Microsoft Networks is checked, if not turn it on.
- Click Configure.
- Select Advanced at the top menu and Speed and Duplex from the list.
- In the Value field choose 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.
- Nice! Restart your computer to activate full Internet speed!