If you have forgotten the security password for your device and there is no other way to perform the hard reset you should try uploading a new firmware on your NOKIA 3250 XpressMusic. That way you will restore the default password but also lose all data on your device. In the following tutorial we present step by step how to perform such an operation. Please be aware of the consequences and risks that may be result from this process.
Phoenix Service Software is a useful flashing which you may use on your NOKIA3250 XpressMusic when:
- It is bricked - which means it is not starting up or it is stuck at some particular moment (eg. Nokia logo)
- Your previous software/firmware update has somehow been interrupted and you cannot turn it on right now.
- You cannot perform a hard reset operation.
- Your device is in "restart loop" (it is restarting over and over again)
- The normal flashing is not possible on your device.
Remember a few things
The battery in your device should be fully charged and the applications on your computer should be shut down. Always use the appropriate (and possibly the newest) firmware on your device. What is also VERY IMPORTANT to have in mind is that by performing these steps below you will loose your device's warrenty.
If you need to download a different firmware version for the NOKIA 3250 XpressMusic, you should look for the appropriate code in the section Product Codes. You can choose here the firmware that suits to your needs the best by choosing for example celluart network, country or navigation options.
Before using the Phoenix Software you should do the following things:
- Install the Nokia Care Suite.
- Read the product code
- Download Nokia’s firmware
You can find detailed descriptions in the Remove Lock Code section.
How to flash NOKIA 3250 XpressMusic ?
- Make sure your battery is charged and your firmware is appropriate.
- Afterwards dowload the Phoenix software. You can find it here: Phoenix_Service_Software
- Make sure you have the other equipment: USB cable for your phone, Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers, software files for your phone.
- For a precaution back up your files and take out any microSD cards.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the Micro USB cable. When your computer detects the new device, select the PC Suite or OVI Suite on your phone.
- Open Phoenix program and move the option "No connections" to the USB which detects your phone.
- Now choose "Open Product" and pick the type of your device (in the pictures below we will use RM-645). Finally confirm by clicking OK.
- Go to "Flashing" and choose "Firmware update"; find in "product code" your desired code and click OK when asked to confirm.
- Plug in your dead device and click SW Reset or Refurbish.
- The firmware update instruction should pop up as soon as your computer sees your phone. If it does not happen, disconnect your device and press the Power button for a few seconds. As soon as you feel your phone vibrate, realese the power key and quickly connect it back again. You should be able to see the flashing start now.
- When you see a window confirming the successfull firmware updare, your device should restart.
- Afterwards you may remove the USB cable.
- If there is a another window on your screen - "Flashing Completed" - there is a big chance your device's screen will show "Local Mode", "Test mode", "Nokia logo". You can switch it off by holding the Power button for a few seconds until you fell it vibrate. After restaring your phone, it should work now. However, if it does not, repeat the flashing process once again.
What if it does not work?
1. Make sure the software is the same or newer as it was before the flashing process (downgrade is not possible)
2. You can try performing it while your battery is not so charged (altough it is not commonly recommended).
3. Try reinstalling Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers (turn off any PC Suite or OVI Suite)
4. Try changing the USB port. DO NOT use any extention cords or hubs. It is very important to connect your device directly (in case of a stationary computer the best way is to connect it in the back).
5. Finally, in case nothing else works, you may try installing softwares with many different product codes (not neccesserily only Polish ones). You can also try using Dead USB in JAF.