How to factory reset SONY PlayStation 4? How to wipe all data in SONY PlayStation 4? How to bypass screen lock in SONY PlayStation 4? How to restore defaults in SONY PlayStation 4?
The following tutorial shows all method of master reset SONY PlayStation 4. Check out how to accomplish hard reset by hardware keys and settings. As a result your SONY PlayStation 4 will be as new and your core will run faster.
- At the very beginning switch off the PlayStation 4 by holding down the Power key for a few seconds.
- Wait until your device is completely switched off.
- Then press the Power key to turn the console back on.
- Using your DualShock 4 controller, move to the Settings menu and press X.
- Afterwards, find the Initialization option and - pressing X - open it.
- You will see an options menu. Now, you can pick one of two methods - Restore Default Settings or Initialize PS4.
- Restore Default Settings will clear all of your saved data and bring your console back to its factory default settings, but will leave all data on your hard drive. This is the more secure method, but if the problem is tied to your hard drive, it won't help.
- Initialize PS4 option will do all of the above and wipe everything else found on your hard drive, including downloaded games. Use this method only if nothing else helps.
- If you pick Initialize PS4, you will see two options - Quick or Full. Choose Full if you want to make sure your PlayStation 4 console has been wiped clean.
- Confirm the whole operation by tapping Initialize one more time and Yes to begin the operation.
- Well done! The entire process can take multiple hours. Do not turn off your console when it's being cleaned!
How to factory reset your ps4 - video